Belize Cacao Consortium 1ST Annual Operations Report – 2017/18
Welcome to our very first Belize Cacao Consortium (BCC) annual report. The report covers the accomplishments of Peini Cacao Plantation ltd., Belize Cacao Traders Ltd. and Mahogany Chocolate Ltd. From launch date in February 2017 until today.
For the first time, we have created a very complete video presentation of this report for your viewing pleasure (use the link below). This written report is intended as a “summary appendix” to the video report.
If you have been following our regular Newsletter emails you will have seen that we have made a significant amount of progress in what was our very first year of operations.
- All 3 farms that we acquired in late 2016, totaling 107 acres, are fully planted with about 45,000 baby trees. As of today they are growing well and actually look like 18-month old trees, after only 12 months of growth
- We built one of, if not the finest, and largest fermentation and drying facilities in Belize, capable of processing 80 metric tonnes of dried cacao annually
- 70,000 saplings were grown in our purpose-built nursery and subsequently these saplings have all either been planted in our farms or given out to the native Maya cacao farmers, as part of our socially sustainable free seedling distribution program
- We have 154 local Maya farmers signed up to our 2017/2018 Organic Bean Buying Program with at least another 50 being organically certified now for the 2018/2019 cycle
- All 200+ farmers have been trained and their farms and our processing facilities have been certified as Organic under our Belize Cacao Traders banner, as well as our 3 Peini farms
- Our 5-star chocolate store and kitchen, Mahogany Chocolate, has been open formally since April 7, 2017. As you know the store is located in Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club on Ambergris Caye. The Resort was officially opened on December 6, 2017 about a year behind what we had anticipated at the end of 2016. It is now a Curio Collection by Hilton branded resort operating 110 rooms of its intended 300-room capacity
We even launched 2 of our own brand-new chocolate bars nationwide. The Belizean and the Brukdown are high-quality 100% Toledo fine-flavor cacao handcrafted by Mahogany Chocolate. They are equal in size or larger than the competition (mostly imported) and priced at least 30% lower, to make them affordably available to the entire population.
Now, usually we would write up a 10-page report on all the activities during the year of the report and split it into 3 or 4 parts to send to you.
But we also know how tiring it can be to read all that and how hard it can be to take it all in!
So, this year we are starting with our new video format. This will allow you to get a much more detailed and clearer picture first-hand of exactly what is going on in Belize, instead of us trying to describe it to you.
We are very pleased to be able to present the very first Belize Cacao Consortium (BCC) Annual Report Video to you now.
I congratulate all our existing parcel Owners for your decision to come on-board as part of our rapidly growing “Merry Band of Belizean Cacao Farmers” and thank you for the faith shown in us!
You all will soon receive email communications from our “Deed Team” in Panama, as we are finally making some real progress on the titles of our 3 farms and on having your individual deeds created and issued to you.
It has not been easy, but if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!
We cordially invite all of you reading this email to come and visit us and join in one of upcoming group cacao farm tours.
The next available tour is scheduled for September 21st to the 24th.
It will be the perfect opportunity for you to meet the Team on the ground and to see everything up close and personal.
For those of you interested in becoming a cacao parcel Owner or adding to your current portfolio of cacao/coffee farm parcels, we have 25 cacao farm parcels available in inventory for ownership on an individual basis (subject to prior sale). Our Syndicators may also have some inventory available.
We said from the start that this Series 1/2017 offering was limited to a maximum of 196 parcels. Only the parcel owners in these 3 farms can participate in the revenue generated by the wholesale and retail sales of the Mahogany Chocolate store and the wholesale national sales of our proprietary chocolate bars. As I hope you have come to expect, we stick by our word.
When these 3 farms sell out, we will be acquiring new farms. The boots on the ground due diligence process is well under way.
However, ownership of parcels in any newly acquired farms will not include participation in the profits of Mahogany Chocolate.
Contact me for more information on the last few remaining cacao farm parcels… [email protected].
Land Ownership in Our Coffee and Cacao Farms
Get access. Learn More. Get Involved.