Why Belize & Why Ambergris Caye?
Location, location, location!
Every real estate investor worth his salt will tell you that the most important factor to consider when investing in real estate is the market, the local market.
So, when studying the market where you want to invest you look for indicators of increasing value, development and sustainable growth.
When looking at Belize, and in particular Ambergris Caye, you can see why there has been such an influx of investment and established hotel chains. They do their research!
- Belize is the “top English-speaking retirement and tourism destination in the Caribbean” and as a member of the British Commonwealth, it operates under British Common Law. (Same rights of ownership as found in the USA and Canada.)
- Contracts are in English and property is held in Fee Simple Title.
- Boasting the fastest growing tourism in the Caribbean in 2018, the country has seen continued growth with a further increase of 6.3% in the 1st quarter of 2019.
- Belize is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after vacation destinations in the world. https://www.centralamericajourneys.com/blog/belize-the-caribbeans-fastest-growing-vacation-destination/
As we mentioned in our previous newsletters, we like to Invest where the puck is going… and the puck, along with several new airlines and hotel chains, is going to San Pedro in Ambergris Caye.
We have been in the Cacao business in Belize for 3 years now, because it is one of the best places in the world to grow cacao.
Doing business in a country, you get to know the market.
Our business partner, John Turley, has 14 years living full-time in, and developing real estate in, the Ambergris Caye market. John knows this market better than anyone else.
We can all see the huge amount of new development going on, the new high-end hotels and resorts due to open and the countless condo projects midway through construction.
What we don’t see, is room to expand the land-locked downtown San Pedro to add the vitally important commercial real estate needed to cater to all these multiple thousands of extra people who will be flooding in once the area is fully developed.
This is why we have identified, successfully syndicated and closed on the 30.7-acre island off the coast of downtown San Pedro. Think of it as becoming “San Pedro 2.0”.
An island with a 2010 MAI valuation of $8 million which we have acquired for $4 million. Since closing, we have now received a 2019 MAI valuation of $9.2 Million.
That’s an increase of $1.2 million in value to our investors, before the permitting stage has even begun.
In similar island developments in the region, the biggest increase in value was achieved after the land was permitted for development, seeing up to a 10X increase in value.
Developers are eager to acquire land and develop in the area, but lack the boots on the ground experience, local knowledge and contacts to get the land through the permitting stage.
We have all of the above in our team.
With a very conservatively estimated increase in value once the 30.7-acre island is permitted, we project a total investor ROI of 116%.
Upon sale of the island the investors will first receive back 100% of their investment capital, with the remaining balance split 50/50 with the Investors and the Sponsor.
- Belize is one of the fastest growing tourism destinations in the Caribbean (#1 in 2018), and has seen double-digit growth in tourism arrivals, on average, over the last 8 years.
- The island of Ambergris Caye is the #1 tourism destination in the country of Belize, and has twice been named the #1 island in the world according to TripAdvisor.
- San Pedro is the only town on Ambergris Caye, and it is surrounded by water on 3 sides, with no room for physical growth or expansion,…except for the 30.7 acre island adjacent to the downtown core. Our island…Cayo Grande.
Get Our Information Package
Land Ownership in our Coffee and Cacao Farms
Get access. Learn More. Get Involved.